Saturday, November 5, 2011

My Day of Being Domestic

It doesn't happen too often but occasionally I get a day to 'play mom' and stay home from work and yesterday was one of those days!  Our day began with a fun trip to the dentist for both boys.  I'm very fortunate that the boys actually enjoy going to the dentist and our biggest challenge is getting them to stop talking so their teeth can be cleaned.  And the best news - no cavities!

I then dropped the boys off at school and headed to the grocery store - another domestic task I don't do very often!  Through some coupons and store specials, I saved $75!  It was only a 33% savings but I'll take it!  Here are some coupon/savings/freebie sites that are helpful if you're looking to become a 'couponer'.
And now that shopping is done, it's time to cook!  First on the list is home-made granola!  A friend gave me this recipe this summer but I'm just now getting around to making it.  Here's the recipe if you'd like to try it.

Banana bread was next!  My little guy is on the picky side when it comes to food but loves banana bread so it's a staple in our house.  This is the easiest recipe I've found.  I usually add some whole wheat flour, cinnamon and nutmeg too.

Next on the list was a birthday cake for my son's 4th birthday party!  But I'll save those details for tomorrow!  (hint - he loves Spider-Man!)

And the final parts of my domestic day included some laundry, vacuuming and organizing.  But perhaps the most rewarding part of my day was a walk at a local park.  Although it was only 30 minutes, it was 30 minutes of alone, quiet time when I was doing something just for me!

Looking forward to my next domestic day!

No comments:

Post a Comment