Friday, November 11, 2011

Tantrums

I have to say that I am constantly told in public how amazingly mature my two year old is. “She’s such a good girl. She doesn’t scream and yell like those bad children.” If only they knew how much work went into getting to the store in the first place: made it out of the home and into car seats without crisis (check), clean diapers on (check), large snack consumed for them and me (check), sleep (check), emergency toy in pocket (my husband and I call them our Ace) (check), pretending that I am excited to be at the store with two babies so they think it’s a blast (check), power walking like a maniac not going back for forgotten items (check)...

I actually start thinking, “Well I’m getting pretty good at this.” BUT at the most embarrassing moment (is there really any other kind of moment) all hell breaks loose. The best part is is that the tantrum usually happens the exact day after I tell myself that I’ve got this stuff down. Head held down in shame.

Being in the network of other people going through these same things gives you a great opportunity to feel many different things. Do you compare yourself less or more? Can you even help it? I like to tell myself that the children (that are not mine) that I witness in public breakdowns are always like that so I can raise my self esteem a little bit. But please don’t think that when you see my kids have a break down! LOL

- Sue

Sue Eldridge is a stay at home mom with no time on her hands. She has been married for 3 years, has a two year old, and a one year old. She keeps busy with obvious duties as well as her own home business. She plans to homeschool and go back to college when her children are old enough to tutor her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment