Thursday, January 12, 2012

Unique Gifts

This post is long overdue but I had to wait until my family actually opened their gifts before I could broadcast them to the world.  Over the last year I have met a lot of wonderful, creative women who just happen to make beautiful items that I gifted my family with this year.

Grandma, Nana and my Tante (Great Aunt) are always challenging to buy for but this year I knew well in advance what they each would get:  a sweet bird's nest necklace by Kristria Designs!
Kristin made me 3 beautiful necklaces with two little eggs in each - one for each of my boys!  The necklaces are unique and I love that they were handmade with love here in RI!

Next up were my brothers - again, difficult to buy for.  But another local mom came to the rescue.  Unique Pl8z & Frames had a booth at a fair earlier this year and I was drawn to the bright colors of their license plate art so I ordered one for my older brother and his wife and after getting it in, quickly ordered one for my younger brother too!  My older brother got one with our last name spelled out and here's my younger brother's one - he's a passionate skiier and lives up in VT!
And the last unique gift I found was for my 8 year old niece who lives in Chicago.  Last year I found some Transformer Snuggies at Wal-Mart for only $1!  This was a great deal for my nephew but I still needed something for my niece.  So I picked up a plain pink one and had my friend Rachael at Stitch Me This embroider a cool design on it for me.
So there they are - 3 unique, affordable gift items!  It felt great to shop from local moms and my family really appreciated the thought and care put into each.  Hope you check these 'shops' out next time you're looking for a gift!

Happy shopping!

-Aimee

No comments:

Post a Comment