Wednesday, April 18, 2012

A Winter Get-Away - by Aimee

A friend reminded me today that I never shared with all of you the details of our trip to VT last month.  My younger brother lives in Stowe, VT and works at the mountain so we try to get up there at least once each winter to ski.  With the mild winter this year, the skiing wasn't too great so we found something new to try:  The Pump House Indoor Water Park at Jay Peak!

Jay Peak is a ski resort about an hour north of Stowe (we get to Stowe in 4-5 hours depending on how many potty breaks we take!).  I'm not much of a skiier so I can't say much about the actual mountain and resort but it's well worth the drive for the water park!  My brother did a little research and found some coupons that allowed 6 of us to get in for just under $100!  Since we were there 'off-season' it was pretty quiet and the lines and crowds were small.

The Pump House has just about everything you'd want in an indoor water park:  kids area, hot tub, lazy river, water slides, climbing wall and basketball hoops pool, surf/wave pool, food and drinks!  I spent most of the day in the hot tub with my little guy while my older one hit the water slides and surf pool!  There were plenty of life guards on duty and the attendants at the surf pool did a great job helping the kids (and adults!) learn to boogie-board and surf.

This is definitely a family-destination that is worth the trip.  The kids area is great for little ones and there's enough excitement for older kids and adults.  I went for the restful version and enjoyed watching my kids have fun while sipping a cocktail!

-Aimee

No comments:

Post a Comment